Tuesday, September 24, 2013

S.A.C. Water Fountain and more!

NOTE: I wrote this last week, and completely forgot to publish it...so here it is! A week late....yeah....

Although today is only Tuesday, it was the last day of classes, as the rest of the week is vacation. Korea  celebrates thanksgiving on Thursday. Because of Chusok (as it is called) we get to have the rest of the week off! I'm feeling thankful indeed!
Here's a picture of my lecture notes on todays classes (19th century Brit. Novel and Studies in Post Colonial Lit), just to show that I'm not JUST having fun here in Seoul! ^_^





 Yesterday a friend and I went to the S.A.C. (Seoul Arts Center). The same place I had been hiking at a week before. Because we are students, we get to buy tickets at a pretty decent price. That night a Korean pianist was playing Chopin, and I was so excited to see her! Chopin is one of my favorite composers.

Sorry for the bad quality, I only had my iPod to take pictures!
Here's the outside of S.A.C.

The musical water fountain!

The two of us left early to take the subway, because it takes 45 min to get to the center. The subway was packed, as we accidentally hit rush hour. I can now say from experience, rush hour in Seoul is no fun. However we made it in one piece, with an hour to spare before the concert began. After getting our tickets, we sat in front of S.A.C. to listen to the water fountain. Every night the fountain plays music and the water dances in tune (or so it seems). It is simply beautiful. A lot of spectators were sitting around the fountain, simply enjoying the free spectacle. I am definitely planning on going back soon!
Here's a video of the fountain:






The concert itself was wonderful as well. Chopin has a way of mesmerizing your ears, and watching the talented pianist's hands fly over the keys had a way of mesmerizing the eyes. I definitely am a fan of piano (and not just 'cause I play it myself). All in all, it was a wonderfully successful night. God is definitely good, for letting me experience such a variety of things during my time here in Seoul.


No comments:

Post a Comment