Tuesday, June 28, 2016

D-10 Last stop Oxford

Last stop before I fly to Korea? Oxford, England.
I am currently sitting in a cafe across from one of the dozens and dozens of colleges at Oxford University. This is the last International stop on my journey before I fly to South Korea. On Wednesday I return to home to France to frantically begin packing a year's worth of deodorant (which is supposedly, outrageously expensive in Korea), vitamins (also very expensive in Korea), and shoes (because my gigantic shoe size (9) is not easily found in Korea).

I am definitely awaiting my departure with eager anticipation, and slight nausea. This mixture, of positive excitement and more negative nervousness is keeping me on edge. I recently completed the online TESOL certification Fulbright requires, which helped tremendously in giving me a more concrete idea of what teaching English will look like. My previous experience of teaching has been on a volunteer basis, and never in an official position. I am unsure what teaching English in an official capacity will bring with it. Will it be more structured? Will there be more pressure? Will the students be excited to learn? I suppose I just have to wait to find out! Not something I do so well...

No comments:

Post a Comment