Saturday, November 9, 2013

Yeouido Ecological Park

Two weeks ago, while feeling the usual bout of restlessness that overcomes me ever so often, I decided to do some more exploring of Seoul.

Armed with my camera, and sketchbook I took the subway and got off at a station close to the Han River, thinking I would walk along its shore. However, the best days are the ones not planned. On my way to the river I stumbled across this little piece of nature in midst a city of development, and decided to spend the afternoon there instead.

What I love about this city is that you can find little havens like this, in the middle of a busy city!

Skyline of Seoul in the distance, creation of God in the forefront!^^

I thought this bridge looked so cool! I might paint this one day.

There were tons of weeping willows. My favorite tree!




Afternoon sun


I am so thankful I stumbled across this little part of nature. It was refreshing to spend the afternoon here sketching, reading the Word, and listening to music. Although I love the city life, for there is always much to do and much to see, I still love nature best. It is wonderful when you can find a way to have the best of both worlds, as I was that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment