Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My visa came!

photo.JPG
A blurry picture of a cathedral in the center of Lille, France.
I went into the city to get my visa photo taken, and saw the cathedral.
I think it's kinda cool how my iPod captured the light.
I thank God, that he blessed me with dual citizenship. Because of this, I've never had to apply for a visa, despite living in 4 countries. My dad, as an American, had to apply for visas periodically while we were living in Austria, however I was to young to really remember, or care, about the process.

People always told me acquiring a visa can be tremendously difficult. I've heard horror stories about people having to unexpectedly travel to DC the day before Christmas day to undergo grueling interviews for their visa. I don't remember it ever being difficult for my dad, but that may be due to the fact he's married to an EU citizen (my mom :) ).

Perhaps because of these stories, or maybe just because I'm German (we worry a lot), I was a little anxious about applying for my student visa to go to South Korea. Time-wise it did not work for me to apply in DC, so I decided to apply for my visa in Paris, while visiting my family. I was surprised to find out it only takes 5 days by mail! So I filled out the form, sent it via "La Poste" to the embassy in Paris. After only 4 days of waiting, it came in the mail today!! I'm so happy, and relieved. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment